I love to cook! There’s nothing like putting together a great meal that my family enjoys. However, I have a real love/hate relationship with my kitchen in my motorhome. It’s tiny – teeny tiny, itty bitty. Like, ZERO counter space tiny. I have no oven. I only have the microwave/convection oven and a 3-burner propane stove. And a barbeque grill that my husband might set up outside when the weather permits (which it hasn’t this week in Michigan!). Oh, and a crock pot. I love love love my crock pot!! On travel days I fill it up with all sorts of delicious ingredients, plug it in and travel on down the road, while we smell the deliciousness that will be dinner all day long. Yummmmmmmmmmm.
Anyways, I digress. This recipe for Chicken Linguine in all it’s creamy-sauce deliciousness was cooked completely on my tiny propane 3-burner stovetop, in my Lodge Cast-Iron Skillet (which I LOVE and highly recommend!). And it was absolutely DELISH!! My point here is that if I can do this, so can you!! So let’s get started!
You will need:
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
12 oz. linguine
2 TBSP butter
1 zucchini, finely chopped
2 red bell peppers, seeds removed and finely chopped
1/2 white onion, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
1-1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
fresh parsley, minced
kosher salt and fresh-ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- If chicken pieces are really thick, cut in half lengthwise. Place in 9×13 baking dish and season generously with kosher salt and pepper. Bake for about 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through and juices are clear.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook linguine according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat butter in large skillet (I use my Lodge Cast-Iron Skillet) over medium heat and add zucchini, bell pepper and onion. Reduce heat to medium-low and saute slowly, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables carmelize. Just minutes before vegetables are done, add in the chopped garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- SLOWLY, stir heavy cream into the browned vegetables. Stir constantly until the cream thickens. Add chicken breasts to the sauce and cook for 5 more minutes until warmed through.
- To serve, pile some linguine onto a plate, place a piece of chicken on top, cover with cream sauce, add fresh parmesan and garnish with parsley. Enjoy!!